All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $54.47Trending at AU $58.01
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $169.35
- AU $73.74Trending at AU $86.48
- AU $57.00Trending at AU $69.86
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.45
- AU $12.91Trending at AU $16.90
About this product
- DescriptionA wheat farmer is torn between allegiances while fighting to keep the woman he loves in this epic of the First World War! It's 1917, and the United States is about to enter the First World War. The wheat farms of rural Washington State have become an important resource in winning the war. Kurt Dorn is a wheat farmer born of a German father and an American mother, and his family's farm contains some of the finest wheat grown anywhere. But a Bolshevik band, calling itself the Industrial Workers of the World, led by a spy financed by imperial Germany, and, secretly, by a German wheat magnate, seeks to stop Dorn's wheat from getting in Allied hands. Meanwhile, Dorn has fallen in love with Lere Anderson, the daughter of a wealthy farmer who wants Dorn to supervise his empire and prevent the destructive IWW from ruining everything. But Dorn loses the battle to keep his farm, and instead of fighting from the home front, decides to take up arms and enlist in the US Army. Dorn will w be forced to choose between his patriotism, his love for Lere, and his desire for revenge in a tale that spans continents and delivers a sobering message of the horrors of war. Heavily edited upon its original publication in 1918, this edition of War Comes to the Big Bend has been restored from Grey's original handwritten manuscript, and showcases the full vision of a master storyteller. Skyhorse Publishing is proud to publish a broad range of books for readers interested in fiction that takes place in the old West. Westerns--books about outlaws, sheriffs, chiefs and warriors, cowboys and Indians--are a genre in which we publish regularly. Our list includes international bestselling authors like Zane Gray and Louis L'Amour, and many more. While t every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are committed to books on subjects that are sometimes overlooked and to authors whose work might t otherwise find a home.
- Author BiographyZane Grey was born Pearl Zane Gray in Zanesville, Ohio, in 1872. He took his first trip to Arizona in 1907 and, following his return, wrote and published his first western, The Heritage of the Desert. More than 109 films have been based on his work, a record that remains unbroken. He died in 1939 at his home in California.
- Author(s)Zane Grey
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication18/09/2014
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSkyhorse Publishing
- Weight357 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.