All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.74
- AU $28.59Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $70.29Trending at AU $77.45
- AU $73.85Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a broad ranging reader in the growing subject of War Studies. It includes respected contributors, with each chapter set out clearly and with contextual background. War Studies is an increasingly popular subject at degree, masters and doctorate level, as well as aspects of it being taught at A level. Here at last is a subject reader that will provide authoritative and thought provoking pieces of scholarship in an accessible form. Topics covered include Strategic Theory and the History of War (Daniel Moran), The Uses and Abuses of Clausewitz (Eric Alterman), Victory Misunderstood: what the Gulf War Tells Us About the Future of Conflict (Stephen Biddle), Early American Ways of War: 1600 - 1815 (John Shy) and Was the Civil War a Total War? (Mark Neeley). There is accepted definition of War Studies for it is a particular blend of military history, international relations and contemporary security. Thus this reader purposefully gives broad coverage to the subject. Each topic is covered by one of two significant articles or book chapters with an introduction from the editor to provide context. There will also be a general introduction, explaining the growth and development of this area of study.
- Author BiographyGary Sheffield is Professor of War Studies at the University of Birmingham. He was previously based in the Department of War Studies, Royal Military Academy Sandhurst, and was Senior Lecturer in the Defence Studies Department of King's College, London.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication29/04/2010
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Weight431 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byProfessor Gary Sheffield
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.