All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $63.56Trending at AU $66.39
- AU $79.36Trending at AU $80.88
- AU $60.00Trending at AU $71.41
- AU $30.93Trending at AU $31.83
- AU $26.72Trending at AU $31.83
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $53.63
- AU $22.68Trending at AU $25.27
About this product
- DescriptionDeveloped to complement the Middle/High School teaching guide, this student study guide was created as reproducible support for extension and self-directed study of A History of US: War, Terrible War. Every chapter is covered by a lesson, which includes activities to reinforce the following areas: access, vocabulary, map skills, comprehension, critical thinking, working with primary sources and further writing. The student study guide contains reproducible maps and explanations of graphic organizers, as well as suggestions on how to do research and special projects. About the Series: Master storyteller Joy Hakim has excited millions of young minds with the great drama of American history in her award-winning series A History of US. Recommended by the Common Core State Standards for English Language Arts and Literacy as an exemplary informational text, A History of US weaves together exciting stories that bring American history to life. Hailed by reviewers, historians, educators, and parents for its exciting, thought-provoking narrative, the books have been recognized as a break-through tool in teaching history and critical reading skills to young people. In ten books that span from Prehistory to the 21st century, young people will never think of American history as boring again.
- Author BiographyJoy Hakim, a former teacher, editor, and writer won the prestigious James Michener Prize for her series, A History of US, which has sold over 4 million copies nationwide. A graduate of Smith College and Goucher College she spent years teaching students from elementary school up to the college level. She also served as an Associate Editor at Norfolk's Virginian-Pilot, and was an Assistant Editor at McGraw-Hill's World News.
- Author(s)Joy Hakim
- PublisherOxford University Press, USA
- Date of Publication01/09/2005
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series TitleHistory of US (Paperback)
- Series Part/Volume Number06
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press, USA
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight134 g
- Width210 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.