Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.99Free postage
- Acceptable condition
- Sold by sunrisebookshop
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith two tours of Iraq under his belt, Sergeant Dave Henley kws what modern war looks like. But thing can prepare him for the posting to Forward Operating Base Senzhiri, Helmand Province, Afghanistan. This is a battlezone like he's never seen before. He's in charge of 1 Platoon, a ragbag collection of rookies who he must make into a fighting force - and fast. But this is a brutal, unforgiving conflict which takes prisoners. Their convoy is ambushed on the way to the FOB, leaving two men grievously wounded - before they've fired a shot. Back at home, Dave's wife, Jenny, seven months pregnant, must try to hold together the fragile lives of the families left behind, who all wait for the kck on the door and the arrival of bad news...
- Author BiographyFrom the day he was found in a carrier bag on the steps of Guy's Hospital in London, Andy McNab has led an extraordinary life. As a teenage delinquent, Andy McNab kicked against society. As a young soldier he waged war against the IRA in the streets and fields of South Armagh. As a member of 22 SAS he was at the centre of covert operations for nine years - on five continents. During the Gulf War he commanded Bravo Two Zero, a patrol that, in the words of his commanding officer, 'will remain in regimental history for ever'. Awarded both the Distinguished Conduct Medal (DCM) and Military Medal (MM) during his military career, McNab was the British Army's most highly decorated serving soldier when he finally left the SAS. Since then Andy McNab has become one of the world's best-selling writers, drawing on his insider knowledge and experience. As well as several non-fiction bestsellers including Bravo Two Zero, the biggest selling British work of military history, he is the author of the best-selling Nick Stone and Tom Buckingham thrillers. He has also written a number of books for children. Besides his writing work, he lectures to security and intelligence agencies in both the USA and UK, works in the film industry advising Hollywood on everything from covert procedure to training civilian actors to act like soldiers. He continues to be a spokesperson and fundraiser for both military and literacy charities.
- Author(s)Andy McNab
- PublisherTransworld Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication09/06/2011
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCorgi Books
- Weight356 g
- Width127 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $73.63
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.93
- AU $12.76Trending at AU $15.16
- AU $11.68Trending at AU $16.47
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.76
- AU $19.46Trending at AU $21.68
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $24.28
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.