All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a three-volume boxed set of Tolstoy's historical chronicle of Russia's struggle with Napoleon. The vel is an affirmation of life itself, focusing on the lives of individuals and the physical reality of human experience and its bewildering complexity.
- Author BiographyLeo Tolstoy was born in central Russia on 9 September 1828. In 1852 he published his first work, the autobiographical Childhood. He served in the army during the Crimean War and his Sevastopol Sketches (1855-6) are based on his experiences. His two most popular masterpieces are War and Peace (1864-69) and Anna Karenina (1875-8). He died in 1910.
- PrizesRunner-up for The BBC Big Read Top 100 2003 and The BBC Big Read Top 21 2003. Shortlisted for BBC Big Read Top 100 2003.
- Author(s)Leo Tolstoy
- Date of Publication29/10/1992
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEveryman's Library
- Content Notemaps
- Weight1969 g
- Width100 mm
- Height217 mm
- Spine140 mm
- Translated byLouise Maude,Aylmer Maude
- Contained items statement3 Hardbacks
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.95
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $83.88
- AU $12.60Trending at AU $17.01
- AU $17.72Trending at AU $19.73
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.38
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $23.37
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.