All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionWarlords and Merchants examines the history of the Lebanese warlord/business establishment and illuminates local attitudes, which have often seemed baffling to the outside world. The book provides a close-up study of Lebanese leaders and the business class, and a seminal illustration of and insight into the resistance of local cultures and small countries such as Leban to the juggernaut of globalization. Based on firsthand observations and kwledge of Lebanese history, ecomy, language and culture, the author deals here with important issues that vex Leban today - sectarianism, traditional leadership, outdated business practices, an archaic ecomic structure and a deep sense of historical grievances. Warlords and Merchants is a must-read for policymakers, business and political leaders, as well as students and academics with research interests in Leban, the Middle East and international affairs.
- Author BiographyKamal Dib is a Canadian economist with research interests in the Middle East. He is currently a senior economist at Human Resources Development Canada.
- Author(s)Kamal Dib
- PublisherGarnet Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication01/01/1999
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationReading
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintIthaca Press
- Weight771 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.