All listings for this product
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $32.57Trending at AU $33.88
- AU $28.95Trending at AU $29.74
- AU $45.01Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $28.80Trending at AU $32.92
- AU $9.41Trending at AU $12.59
- AU $33.83Trending at AU $39.32
- AU $13.89Trending at AU $14.32
About this product
- DescriptionA comprehensive and unparalleled collection of breads, cakes and pastries from around the world, this beautiful sourcebook of recipes is also a well-researched exploration of home baking techniques and global ethnic history. The combination of recipes, anecdotal and historical text and pictures give this book a unique appeal and make it perfect for today's discerning 'foodies'. The recipes are drawn from all over the world (including Europe, the Middle East, the Far East, the Caribbean and Latin America), are easy-to follow and beautifully photographed. Any unusual techniques are illustrated step-by-step for ease. Try your hand at Azorean honey cake or Jamaican hard dough bread. Let your family's tastebuds thrill to Azerbaijani cream cheese baklava or Dutch brown sugar coils. Chapters cover breads, cakes, pastries, savouries and biscuits. The combination of delicious recipes and a fascinating background text make this book a fantastic read and a must for any home cook looking to truly broaden their repertoire or with an interest in the culture of food.
- Author BiographyGaitri Pagrach-Chandra has a multi-cultural background - in her own words a convent-attending Guyanese Hindu of Indian ancestry, who was educated in North America and Europe and subsequently married into a European Jewish family . A food historian and freelance translator, in 2000, she received the Sophie Coe award for food history, presented by the Oxford Symposium on Food and Cookery. Her book, Warm Bread and Honey Cake (Pavilion, 2010), won the Guild of Food Writers Award for Cookbook of the Year 2010. She is also the author of Windmills in my Oven (Prospect), Sugar & Spice (Pavilion) and Het Nederlands Bakboek (published by Kosmos. It won the Dutch Cookery Book of the year Award 2012). She lives in the Netherlands.
- PrizesWinner of Guild of Food Writers Awards: Cookery Book of the Year 2010.
- Author(s)Gaitri Pagrach-Chandra
- PublisherPavilion Books
- Date of Publication17/08/2009
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPavilion Books
- Content Note100 colour photographs and illustrations
- Width7 mm
- Height9 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.