Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $126.99Trending at AU $162.41
- AU $28.80Trending at AU $29.93
- AU $26.80Trending at AU $27.17
- AU $56.37Trending at AU $60.28
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.55
- AU $35.11Trending at AU $47.51
- AU $28.94Trending at AU $29.39
About this product
- DescriptionThis story is based on a story told by the Senior Boys Class at Lajamanu School, a bi-lingual school where Aboriginal children are taught to read and write their own language, Warlpiri. The illustrations are adapted from original paintings done by the children for their story. Abie Jangala said in 'Stories from Lajamanu', Since we came here, Lajamanu has changed a lot. Children have been born here and that means their Dreaming place is here. Our law and our ceremonies are still important to us; it is the law of Walyajarra, the people who lived and died thousands of years ago, and we cant change that.
- Author(s)Pamela Lofts
- PublisherScholastic Australia
- Date of Publication01/01/2004
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationLindfield
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintScholastic Australia
- Content Notecolour illus
- Height180 mm
- Illustrator(s)Children at Lajamanu School
- Reading AgeFrom 4 To 99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.