All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.30
About this product
- DescriptionWarrington's Photographers contains fascinating images from the archives of Warrington Museum & Art Gallery. These photographs chronicle the history of the town and the changing pace of life for its residents, as well as for Britons at large. The pictures reveal the harsh realities of construction in the nineteenth century, with the building of the Manchester Ship Canal. They also cover idyllic scenes from the photographers' travels, recording the charm of Britain's seaside towns and the beauty of its rural landscape. The book also contains archive studio photography: from acrobats to blushing brides, the images reveal the width and breath of life's rich tapestry and, in doing so, blur the lines between the past and the present.
- Author BiographyJanice Hayes is the Principal Manager at Warrington Museum, where she has worked for over 30 years. As a native 'Warringtonian' her particular interests lie in researching the town's history, adding to the museum's important photographic archive and helping communities to record their past.
- Author(s)Culture Warrington,Janice Hayes
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication12/11/2015
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note140
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.