All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $27.80Trending at AU $30.75
- AU $21.76Trending at AU $26.80
- AU $29.31Trending at AU $31.85
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.91
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.68
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $26.97
About this product
- DescriptionWARRIOR: A Spiritual Odyssey There are coincidences. You came across this book through a connection between your hungry spirit and the writer's desire that you be urished. Which parts of you it will awaken will be as individual as your yearnings, but the words are guaranteed to feed your soul. Join Rev. Bill as he recounts his spiritual journey in selected stories through a life which began with a seemingly unending dysfunctional childhood, included an astonishing tour of duty in Vietnam, and then opened into one of the widest benevolent lives ever. His entire existence has been lived out under a spiritual umbrella that keeps him safe matter how powerful the storm. Not afraid to go out into the rain, Rev. Bill's humility, integrity, loyalty, faith and courage is expressed through his every move. His investment in recounting events provides all readers to experience places they've only dreamed about. The situations allow reflective readers to parallel the events to their own lives. And in the end, each reader will stand with him at Machu Picchu, Peru and begin his or her own odyssey. In effect this book is a road map to Rev. Bill's personal, spiritual and emotional destination. Metaphorically the 'map' is on the seat of his pickup. When you begin the book he's essentially handing you the keys and offering you the opportunity to experience his route, after which you'll be able to tweak your own map. Here is What Others Have To Say About This Book: You will enjoy and be inspired by his tales of the inexplicable, and may well find inner strength for facing your own difficulties in life. This is a great man and I'm proud to call him my friend. Shadoe Stevens; radio and television personality and TV and movie producer, artist A warrior in the true sense, Bill awakens us to the depths of soul combat, taking us from the war zone to the hearts of all he touched. Maureen McGill, author, associate professor at Pacific Lutheran University Bill McDonald is the real spiritual deal. He's made a tremendous impact on me, guiding, encouraging, and educating me in ways that have opened my eyes and my soul, and have helped me to become a better and happier person. Gayle Lynds, New York Times' bestselling author When I first met Rev. Bill, I knew immediately that there was something special about this man. In his book, you are able to walk a spiritual path with a man who has served his country, lived to tell about it, and then refocused his energies on alleviating the suffering of those around him. The stories in his book are those of an individual who has opened himself up to the transcendental, and written about his insights. I highly recommend this book to anyone who has ventured, or thought about venturing, down the road of higher purpose. Christopher Martini, writer, director, producer, actor Most of Bill McDonald's stories contain the line .. .and so I went with my feelings and that choice has always worked out for him. Extraordinarily gifted, Bill lives in a rich cosmos where spiritual assets and kwledge are intertwined. Although he has experienced poverty, abuse, physical and emotional pain, and war, Bill thrives. In his new old book, Warrior, he shares tragical, magical tales that inspire and confound -- and celebrate the many perspectives of life. Joyce Faulkner, award-winning author of In the Shadow of Suribachi, Windshift, and USERNAME. Bill's book is one that has superb descriptions of the life's lessons learned from the hell of combat to an incredible, miraculous journey home to his truest self. His story is entertaining, spiritually enlightening, inspirational, and filled with guiding wisdom. It is a book that will surely bring all readers to their own Spiritual awakening. Nancy Clark, international author, Divine Moments: Ordinary People Having Spiritually Transformative Experiences.
- Author BiographyAward-winning poet, author of several non-fiction spiritually based books, artist, consultant to film and TV documentaries, serving as an interfaith minister and chaplain to many groups and organizations, 'Rev. Bill' McDonald packs a lot of living into life. An International Motivational Speaker and relationship workshop facilitator, meditation teacher, and non-paid veteran advocate and lobbyist, his advocacy work has popularized him in all media. He's counseled several thousand veterans over the past three decades and been recognized by the US Congress and the State of California for his tireless assistance to veterans and their families dealing with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Bill filled an integral position on the flight crew for the Vietnam War documentary, In the Shadow of the Blade, released for theaters in the fall of 2003 by Arrowhead Films, and later shown on The Military Channel. He was one of the producers, narrators, and had an on screen presence for the PBS TV documentary called The Art of Healing. He helped inspire a 'hopeful and upbeat' rewrite of the ending for the classic indie film Trooper. A Vietnam veteran with the famed 'Tomahawks' (128th Assault Helicopter Company) in Phu Loi, South Vietnam-October 1966-October 1967, McDonald was a crew chief/door-gunner on a UH-1D Huey. He was shot down, survived numerous adventures, and received recognition for his courage and service, which included The Distinguished Flying Cross, The Bronze Star Medal, The Purple Heart, 14 Air Medals, and numerous ribbons and medals. Rev. Bill is the founder of two of the largest author organizations in North America - The American Authors Association and The Military Writers Society of America. He has helped hundreds of writers get published and media exposure. He fervently encourages veterans to tell their personal stories-as he puts it: saving history one story at a time! On his return from Vietnam, he earned a B.A. degree at the University of San Francisco and an A.A. at San Jose City College. Bill and his high school sweetheart, Carol, married since January 1970, reside near Sacramento, California, and have two grown children and six grandchildren. Rev. Bill's life story continues to unfold in an upcoming book Alchemy of an Old Warrior's Heart, which details a decade of his life after 2004, and documents travel to India, near-death experiences, and his spiritual quest for meaning and purpose.
- Author(s)William Rev Bill McDonald Jr
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication14/08/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight449 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.