All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA fascinating portrait of Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche, one of the most charismatic, controversial, and visionary spiritual teachers of all time, this book is also an inspiring, heart-warming, and often humorous account of the author's own path of transformation from skeptic to mature spiritual practitioner. What's more, Warrior-King of Shambhala is a splendid presentation of the teachings and experiences that have become the heart of the Shambhala Buddhist tradition. A pioneer in introducing Tibetan Buddhism to the West, Chogyam Trungpa is also one of its most controversial figures: he often defied tions of how a holy man should act, and his unconventional behavior and crazy wisdom caused some to view him with suspicion. But he was above all kwn for his compassion, insight, and vision and was immediately recognized as a living Buddha by a generation of spiritual seekers. One of those seekers was Jeremy Hayward, who in little time became a close confidante of the teacher. Warrior King of Shambhala, Hayward's intimate memoir of Trungpa, begins with their first meeting in 1970, progressing year by year until Trungpa's death and beyond. Hayward vividly describes Trungpa's powerful, direct way of working with students, his groundbreaking work in bringing Buddhism to the West, and the teachings Trungpa presented each year. He also describes his own personal spiritual journey with the inimitable Chogyam Trungpa as his guide.
- Author BiographyTrained as a physicist at Cambridge University, Jeremy Hayward is the author of several books, including Gentle Bridges: Conversations with the Dalai Lama on the Sciences of Mind and Sacred World: The Shambhala Way to Gentleness, Bravery, and Power. He lives in Nova Scotia. Sakyong Mipham Rinpoche is Chogyam Trungpa's son and Dharma heir, and is the bestselling author of Ruling Your World.
- Author(s)Jeremy Hayward
- PublisherWisdom Publications,U.S.
- Date of Publication31/01/2008
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationSomerville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWisdom Publications,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight653 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine29 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.