All listings for this product
About this product
- Description* Now available in paperback In the -holds-barred tradition that has won him so many fans across the nation and around the world, best-selling author and strategist Ralph Peters confronts the crucial security issues of our time--and the troubled times to come. With his trademark clarity and force, Peters argues that we have left behind the Age of Ideologies to enter a violent period in which ethnicity and religion--blood and faith--will continue to be the source of ferocious rebellions, gecide, and global terrorism. His compelling vision spares neither our foreign policy r our domestic follies as he ruthlessly outlines what it will take to protect our country against this new breed of enemies. * Russia is back as an aggressive imperialist power. * We have forgotten what it takes to win wars, leading to tragic, unnecessary failures. * Too many Americans still refuse to take our enemies seriously, even though terrorists and foreign leaders are bent on inflicting apocalyptic destruction on us. * hose enemies will use nuclear weapons, if allowed to possess them. * Religious wars are impossible to prevent--because our enemies desire them. * The Middle East is headed for greater chaos, and Israel may t survive. Despite these challenges, the United States will remain the world's most successful and greatest power--but the cost will be determined by our willingness to face a new century's brutal realities. Wars of Blood and Faith continues the ever popular series of work by Ralph Peters on strategy, conflict, and the military published by Stackpole Books--titles that have t only excited and informed a wide range of readers, but have profoundly influenced our national security.
- Author BiographyFox News Strategic Analyst Ralph Peters is the author of 27 books, including bestselling and prize-winning novels. He has experience in over 70 countries and, as a journalist, has covered multiple conflicts. His work has appeared in a wide range of publications and he serves on the advisory board of Armchair General magazine. He lives in Virginia.
- Author(s)Ralph Peters
- PublisherStackpole Books
- Date of Publication01/04/2009
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationMechanicsburg, PA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStackpole Books
- Content Note2 maps
- Weight25 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.77
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.22
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.93
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.