All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThree times during the 17th century, England and Holland went to war as part of an ongoing struggle for ecomic and naval supremacy. Primarily fought in the cold waters of the North Sea and the English Channel, the wars proved revolutionary in their impact upon warship design, armament, and naval tactics. During this time, the warship evolved into the true ship-of-the-line that would dominate naval warfare until the advent of steam power. This book traces the development of these warships in the context of the three Anglo-Dutch wars.
- Author BiographyAngus Konstam hails from the Orkney Islands, and is the author of over 50 books, 30 of which are published by Osprey. This acclaimed and widely published author has written several books on piracy, including The History of Pirates and Blackbeard: America's Most Notorious Pirate. A former naval officer and museum professional, he worked as the Curator of Weapons at the Tower of London and as the Chief Curator of the Mel Fisher Maritime Museum in Key West, Florida. He now works as a full-time author and historian, and lives in Edinburgh, Scotland. Peter Bull graduated from art college in 1979 and has worked as a freelance illustrator for over 25 years. He has created both traditional and digital art for publishers worldwide, and also runs the Peter Bull Art Studio, based in East Sussex, UK, which he founded in 1975.
- Author(s)Angus Konstam
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication20/12/2011
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleNew Vanguard
- Series Part/Volume Number183
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content Note40 b/w; 7 col
- Weight167 g
- Width184 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Illustrator(s)Tony Bryan,Peter Bull
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $35.52Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $17.55Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.29
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $50.97
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.