Save on Travel Guides
- AU $34.95Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $32.07Trending at AU $38.51
- AU $41.49Trending at AU $42.41
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $31.67
- AU $12.95Trending at AU $16.40
- AU $28.16Trending at AU $30.78
- AU $13.95Trending at AU $14.25
About this product
- DescriptionThe Wasatch Mountains sit on the western edge of the Rockies. Stretching south through Utah from Bear River in the rth to Mount Nebo in the central part of the state, their peaks dominate the skyline of Salt Lake City and nearby urban areas. Elevations range from 9,000 to almost 12,000 feet, with eighteen peaks above 11,000 feet. All of the 11ers can be summited as a day-hike, without the use of climbing gear. This guide provides information on trailhead access, approaches, and routes for every 11,000-foot peak. It includes overview maps of major roads, topographical overview maps, and detailed route maps for each peak. There are also total roundtrip mileages, elevation-gain (or loss) figures, and alternate routes to help hikers plan their adventures. Featured peaks include North Mount Nebo, South Mount Nebo, Middle Mount Nebo, Mount Timpagos, 'South' Timpagos, West American Fork Twin Peak, 'North' Timpagos, 'South' American Fork Twin Peak, Unnamed 11,383, Unnamed 11,347, East Broads Fork Twin Peak, West Broads Fork Twin Peak, Pfeifferhorn, White Baldy, Sunrise Peak, Unnamed 11,288, Lone Peak, North Peak, Red Baldy, Red Top Mountain, South Thunder, North Thunder, Unnamed 11,137, Monte Cristo Peak, Dromedary Peak, Box Elder Peak, Mount Baldy, Provo Peak, Sugarloaf Mountain, 'East' Provo Peak, Mount Superior, and 'East' American Fork Twin Peak.
- Author BiographyRandy Winters lives in Salt Lake City. He advises reluctant outdoors people, 'Leave now, go hike!'
- Author(s)Randy Winters
- PublisherUniversity of Utah Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication15/04/2006
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationSalt Lake City
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Utah Press,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight231 g
- Width170 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.