All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor most of three decades, Drew Pearson was the most familiar journalist in the United States. In his daily newspaper column-the most widely syndicated in the nation-and on radio and television broadcasts, he chronicled the political and public policy news of the nation. Meanwhile, he also worked his way into the inner circles of policy makers in the White House and Congress, lobbying for issues he believed would promote better government and world peace. Pearson, however, still found time to record his thoughts and observations in his personal diary. Published here for the first time, Washington Merry-Go-Round presents Pearson's private impressions on life inside the Beltway. Pearson held the confidence of presidents-especially Lyndon B. Johnson-congressional leaders, media moguls, political insiders, and dozens of otherwise unkwn sources of information. His direct interactions with the DC glitterati, including Bobby Kennedy and Douglas MacArthur, are featured throughout his diary, drawing the reader into the compelling political intrigues of 1960s Washington and providing the mysterious backstory on the famous and the torious of the era.
- Author BiographyDrew Pearson (1897-1969) was a newspaper and radio journalist for nearly fifty years, authoring the syndicated column Washington Merry-Go-Round which, at the time of his death, was carried by 650 newspapers, making it the nation's most widely syndicated column. Peter Hannaford is the president of Hannaford Enterprises, Inc. and senior counselor at APCO Worldwide, a Washington D.C.-based public affairs and strategic communications firm. He is the author of numerous books including Presidential Retreats: Where the Presidents Went and Why They Went There and Reagan's Roots: The People and Places that Shaped His Character.
- Author(s)Drew Pearson
- PublisherPotomac Books Inc
- Date of Publication22/10/2015
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationDulles
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPotomac Books Inc
- Content Note14 photographs
- Weight1370 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine61 mm
- Edited byPeter Hannaford
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $35.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.