CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $21.37Trending at AU $27.60
- AU $41.18Trending at AU $46.79
- AU $35.57Trending at AU $38.84
- AU $12.61Trending at AU $12.91
- AU $20.05Trending at AU $27.78
- AU $17.59Trending at AU $20.24
- AU $10.60Trending at AU $16.33
About this product
- DescriptionWashington, D.C., is home to the most influential power brokers in the world. But how did we come to call D.C.-a place one contemporary observer called a mere swamp producing thing except myriads of toads and frogs (of ermous size), a district that was strategically indefensible, captive to the politics of slavery, and a target of unbridled land speculation-our nation's capital?
- Author BiographyJournalist Fergus M. Bordewich has written on American history as well as human rights and other issues for the New York Times, Smithsonian, American Heritage, the Atlantic Monthly, Reader's Digest, and other periodicals. He is the author of Killing the White Man's Indian: Reinventing Native Americans at the End of the Twentieth Century; My Mother's Ghost; and Bound for Canaan: The Epic Story of the Underground Railroad, America's First Civil Rights Movement. He lives in Barrytown, New York. Richard Allen is a five-time Audie-nominated narrator whose work has been acknowledged on the Best Audiobooks Lists for Audiofile and Library Journal. He was named an AudioFile Best Voice in 2008 and has won four AudioFile Earphones Awards. His audiobooks include From Midnight to Dawn, Lincoln and Chief Justice Taney, Futureland, and Right as Rain.
- Author(s)Fergus M. Bordewich
- PublisherTantor Media, Inc
- Date of Publication02/06/2008
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook, CT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTantor Media, Inc
- Out-of-print date07/01/2017
- Weight79 g
- Width163 mm
- Height137 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Narrator(s)Richard Allen
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time780
- Edition StatementUnabridged
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.