All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.05
- AU $74.33Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $22.12Trending at AU $22.83
- AU $35.50Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $17.59Trending at AU $22.87
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.49
About this product
- DescriptionReap the benefits of sludge The processing of wastewater sludge for use or disposal has been a continuing challenge for municipal agencies. Yet, whensludge is properly processed, the resulting nutrient-rich product--biosolids--can be a valuable resource for agriculture and other uses. Wastewater Sludge Processing brings together a wide body of kwledge from the field to examine how to effectively process sludge to reap its benefits, yet protect public health. Presented in a format useful as both a reference for practicing environmental engineers and a textbook for graduatestudents, this book discusses unit operations used for processing sludge and the available methods for final disposition of the processed product. Topics discussed include sludge quantities and characteristics, thickening and dewatering, aerobicand anaerobic digestion, alkaline stabilization, composting, thermal drying and incineration, energy consumption, and the beneficial use of biosolids. COMPREHENSIVE IN ITS COVERAGE, THE TEXT: Describes new and emerging techlogies as well as international methods Compares different types of sludge processing methods Explains both municipal and industrial treatment techlogies Written by authors with decades of experience in the field, Wastewater Sludge Processing is an invaluable tool for anyone planning, designing, and implementing municipal wastewater sludge management projects.
- Author BiographyIZRAIL S. TUROVSKIY is a wastewater and biosolids consultant in Jacksonville, Florida. He received a BS degree in civil engineering from Civil Engineering Institute, St. Petersburg, Russia; an MS degree in sanitary engineeringfrom Civil Engineering Institute, Moscow, Russia; and a DSc degree in environmental engineering from Municipal Academy,Moscow. He has more than fifty years of experience in environmental engineering, including time as head of the All-UnionResearch Institute of Water Supply, Sewage Systems, and Hydrotechnical Structures in Moscow. Dr. Turovskiy has patentsin Russia, France, Germany, Italy, Finland, and the United States. He has also authored or coauthored more than 200technical publications including eight books. P. K. MATHAI is a senior project manager and Associate Fellow in environmental engineering with Jacobs Civil, Inc. in St. Louis, Missouri. He received a BS degree in civil engineering from University of Kerala, India, and an MS degree in environmental engineering from University of Dayton, Ohio. He has over thirty years of wide-ranging experience in environmental engineering and has been involved in the planning, design, and technical review of over sixty wastewater treatment plants and sludge processing facilities. He is a registered professional engineer in Missouri, Illinois, Ohio, Kentucky, and Maryland.
- Author(s)Izrail S. Turovskiy,P.K. Mathai,Yuri I. Turovskiy
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication28/07/2006
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight720 g
- Width162 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.