All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWatcha Gonna Do Boy...Watcha Gonna Be? Is a vel about one young man s dream of following in his grandather s footsteps instead of heading off to university. He is the breakaway, the one who learns, t in the feedbag university, but in the streets... around the station part of town. It is also a book about discovery the discovery of what it means to grow from the dreams of one s teenage years into the happy, reckless reality of young manhood. And it is filled with people...pick-swinging Railroad Ray Malone and other members of a salty railroad gang, old women of the streets in rundown shoes, a fifteen-year-old girl, and always, over his shoulder, the shadow conscience of his railroad engineer and hero grandfather, his parents, and the hip sanity of his closest friend, Jimmy Solomon.
- Author BiographyNovelist Peter Taylor was born in northern New Brunswick on Canada's east coast where, as he tells it, he was introduced to paper at a very early age -- first, through his father who was manager of the local pulp and paper mill, and later as a delivery boy for his home town's weekly newspaper. Following high school and several years of university, Peter signed on as a news reporter with the Saint John Telegraph Journal, the province's leading daily. On the heels of that experience and after several years in the journalism faculty at Carleton University in Ottawa, Peter joined the Ottawa Citizen, one of Canada's leading daily newspapers for 12 years. It was while with the Citizen that he wrote Watcha Gonna Do Boy ... Watcha Gonna Be?, a first novel which was subsequently made into a TV movie, and later a radio drama by the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC). Published originally by McClelland & Stewart, Canada's pre-eminent book publisher at the time, the novel, in a round-about way, lead to Peter's accepting the title of Vice President and Marketing Director for the book-publishing company later that same year.
- Author(s)Peter Taylor
- PublisherFitzhenry & Whiteside
- Date of Publication31/03/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintFitzhenry & Whiteside
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight191 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.78Trending at AU $74.67
- AU $40.37Trending at AU $43.73
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $23.92Trending at AU $26.88
- AU $11.39Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $19.14Trending at AU $24.13
- AU $10.85Trending at AU $16.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.