CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $21.10
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionAs a water-scarce state with deep cultural attachments to private property rights, Texas has taken a unique evolutionary path with regard to water management. This new resource surveys past and current challenges for managing both groundwater and surface water, telling a comprehensive story about water policy in Texas, and identifying opportunities for improving future governance. Texas is the U.S. state that has experimented most thoroughly with water markets. In Water Policy in Texas, experts from broad disciplinary perspectives describe and analyze Texas water laws and management agencies, and the practices of water marketing and rate making in Texas. They explore the unique cases of the Edwards and Ogallala aquifers, the science and policy of environmental water stewardship, the extensive history of formalized water sharing with neighboring states and Mexico, and the opportunities for harnessing new techlogies that might aid in addressing scarcity. This multidimensional, interdisciplinary book will be a valuable resource for students and researchers of Texas water policy, as well as for water managers worldwide, particularly those working within contexts of water scarcity.
- Author BiographyRonald C. Griffin is a professor of water resource economics in the Department of Agricultural Economics at Texas A&M University. He is the author of Water Resource Economics: The Analysis of Scarcity, Policies, and Projects.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication19/10/2010
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Series TitleRFF Press Water Policy Series
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintResources for the Future Press (RFF Press)
- Content NoteMaps, figures, tables, graphs, index
- Weight566 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byRonald C. Griffin
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.