All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
About this product
- DescriptionEfficient and effective irrigation of the land can have a dramatic effect on the agricultural output and ecomic well-being of a community. The smallholdings, defined in this book as up to 25 hectares (60 acres), can be the source of a significant proportion of a country's food production. At the heart of effective irrigation lies the problem of lifting or pumping water, and this handbook, newly revised and reformatted, surveys the water-lifting techlogies that are available and appropriate for smallholdings. It is a detailed and practical review of the options, especially for irrigation but also for other purposes, and the costs and general suitability of the different techlogies are examined with the aim of enabling farmers and policy makers to make informed choices.
- Author BiographyPeter Fraenkel is a mechanical engineer with long experience of renewable energy systems and the author of many books and articles on wind, hydro, and tidal energy. He is a leading authority on water pumping technologies for developing country applications and was a founder and Director of I.T. Power from 1981 to 2000.
- Author(s)Peter Fraenkel
- PublisherITDG Publishing
- Date of Publication01/12/1997
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintITDG Publishing
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight535 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.