All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this concise introduction to water resources, Shimon Anisfeld explores the fundamental interactions between humans and water, including drinking, sanitation, irrigation, and power production. The book familiarizes students with the current water crisis and with approaches for managing this essential resource more effectively in a time of rapid environmental and social change. Anisfeld addresses both human and ecological problems, including scarcity, pollution, disease, flooding, conflicts over water, and degradation of aquatic ecosystems. In addition to providing the background necessary to understand each of these problems, the book discusses ways to move towards better management and addresses the key current debates in the water policy field. In the past, water development has often proceeded in a single-sector fashion, with each group of users implementing its own plans without coordination with other groups, resulting in both conflict and inefficiency. Now, Anisfeld writes, the challenge of water management is figuring out how to balance all the different demands for water, from sanitation to energy generation to ecosystem protection. For inquiring students of any level, Water Resources provides a comprehensive one-volume guide to a complex but vital field of study.
- Author BiographyDr. Shimon Anisfeld is Senior Lecturer and Research Scientist in Water Resources and Environmental Chemistry at Yale University's School of Forestry and Environmental Studies. His articles have appeared in major journals, including Environmental Science and Technology, Journal of Sustainable Forestry, and Estuaries.
- Author(s)Shimon Anisfeld
- PublisherIsland Press
- Date of Publication30/11/2010
- SubjectGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleFoundations of Contemporary Environmental Studies Series
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIsland Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight431 g
- Width140 mm
- Height221 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.