All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $34.60
About this product
- DescriptionEarthquakes, tsunamis, floods, droughts, disease outbreaks as well as conflicts are all crises that result in death as well as profound disruption to those left behind, and to those communities who shelter them. Among the most urgent interventions are those to provide water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) to affected communities. Water, Sanitation and Hygiene in Humanitarian Contexts presents contributions on the changing field of humanitarian WASH response and questions research and practice in this field. What are the research gaps in WASH response? What are the most effective means of providing clean water in different settings? How are the latest invations in emergency sanitation performing? How can women's menstrual hygiene needs best be met in humanitarian situations? The chapters address a wide range of WASH subjects, in a variety of geographical settings and are written by experienced practitioners and researchers. The approach of the book is straightforward and practical, with little theory - the focus being on improving professional practice in the midst of humanitarian suffering. This book is written for those whose everyday work involves humanitarian response to WASH needs in emergencies and disasters, but it is also aimed at development professionals from the WASH and other sectors, including researchers and practitioners.
- Author BiographyRichard Carter has forty years' experience in international development, focusing on the evaluation, development and management of water and sanitation in low-income countries. He is Director of Richard Carter and Associates Ltd, Senior Research Associate of the Overseas Development Institute, London, and Visiting Professor, Cranfield University.
- PublisherPractical Action Publishing
- Date of Publication15/07/2015
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationRugby
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPractical Action Publishing
- Weight249 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byRichard C. Carter
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.