All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.23
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $67.33Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $46.99
About this product
- DescriptionThe purpose of this book is to present an overview of the latest research, policy, practitioner, academic and international thinking on water security-an issue that, like water governance a few years ago, has developed much policy awareness and momentum with a wide range of stakeholders. As a concept it is open to multiple interpretations, and the authors here set out the various approaches to the topic from different perspectives. Key themes addressed include: * Water security as a foreign policy issue * The interconnected variables of water, food, and human security * Dimensions other than military and international relations concerns around water security * Water security theory and methods, tools and audits. The book is loosely based on a masters level degree plus a short professional course on water security both given at the University of East Anglia, delivered by international authorities on their subjects. It should serve as an introductory textbook as well as be of value to professionals, NGOs, and policy-makers.
- Author BiographyBruce Lankford is Professor of Water and Irrigation Policy in the School of International Development at the University of East Anglia, UK. Karen Bakker is a Professor in Geography, Canada Research Chair in Political Ecology, and Director of the Program on Water Governance at the University of British Columbia, Canada. Mark Zeitoun is a Reader in the School of International Development at the University of East Anglia, UK, and co-Director of the UEA Water Security Research Centre. Declan Conway was, at the time of writing, Professor of Water Resources and Climate Change in the School of International Development at the University of East Anglia, UK.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication11/10/2013
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Series TitleEarthscan Water Text
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note45 black & white illustrations, 19 black & white tables
- Weight566 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byBruce Lankford,Declan Conway,Dr. Karen J. Bakker,Mark Zeitoun
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.