All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.55
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.81
About this product
- DescriptionWater Stress Management contains the invited lectures and selected oral and poster presentations of the 11th International Symposium on the Properties of Water (ISOPOW), which was held in Queretaro, Mexico 5-9 September 2010. The text provides a holistic description and discussion of state-of-the-art topics on the role of water in Biological, Chemical, Pharmaceutical and Food systems within a frame of an integrated approach and future trends on the subject. Different points-of-view about the state of water and phase transitions in a variety of substrates are presented. ISOPOW is a n-profit scientific organization whose activities aim at progressing the understanding of the properties of water in food and related biological systems and the exploitation of this understanding in improved raw materials, products and processes in the food, agro food or related industries. The first Symposium was organized in Glasgow, Scotland in 1974. Since then, ISOPOW meetings have promoted the exchange of kwledge between scientists involved in the study of food materials and scientists interested in water from a more basic point of view and the dialogue between academic and industrial scientists/techlogists.
- Author BiographyGustavo F. Gutierrez-Lopez, received his Bachelor of Science in Biochemical Engineering and Master of Science in Food Science and Technology from the Instituto Politecnico Nacional, Mexico and his Master of Science in Food Process Engineering and Ph.D. in Food Engineering from the University of Reading, U.K. He is currently a Professor of Food Engineering and chair of the Ph.D. program in Food Science and Technology at the Escuela Nacional de Ciencias Biologicas of the Instituto Politecnico Nacional, Mexico. Liliana Alamilla-Beltran, received her Bachelor of Science in Biochemical Engineering from the Instituto Tecnologico de la Paz, Mexico and her Master of Science and PhD in Food Science from the Instituto Politecnico Nacional, Mexico. She is currently a Professor of Food at the Escuela Nacional de Ciencias Biologicas of the Instituto Politecnico Nacional, Mexico. Maria del Pilar Buera received her Bachelor of Science in Chemical Sciences from Facultad de Ciencias Exactas y Naturales, Universidad de Buenos Aires (FCEN-UBA), Master of Science in Food Science and Technology from Universidad Nacional de Mar del Plata, Argentina and her PhD in Chemical Sciences from FCEN-UBA, where she is currently Titular Professor and develops activities as main researcher of CONICET, Argentina. Jorge Welti-Chanes, received his bachelor of science in Biochemical Engineering and Master of Scienc e in Food Engineering from the Tecnologico de Monterrey, Mexico and Ph.D. in Chemistry from the University of Valencia, Spain. He is currently Associate Dean at Tecnologico de Monterrey (National School of Engineering and Sciences), Mexico and distinguished Visiting Professor at Texas Christian University and at the Escuela Nacional de Ciencias Biologicas of the Instituto Politecnico Nacional, Mexico. Efren Parada-Arias, received his Bachelor of Science in Biochemical Engineering and Master of Science in Food Science and Technology from the Instituto Politecnico Nacional, Mexico and his Ph. D. in Food Technology from the Polytechnic University of Valencia, Spain. He has been a Professor of Food Science and Food Engineering at the Escuela Nacional de Ciencias Biologicas, of the Instituto Politecnico Nacional, Mexico and Secretary General of this institute, Director General at Instituto Mexicano del Petroleo and is currently Director General of Centros de Formacion para el Trabajo, Secretaria de Educacion Publica, Mexico. Gustavo V. Barbosa-Canovas, a Fulbright Scholar, received his BS in Mechanical Engineering at University of Uruguay; MS and PhD at University of Massachusetts. He also received a Honoris Causa Doctorate from Polytechnic University of Cartagena, Spain. He is a Professor of Food Engineering and Director of the Center for Nonthermal Processing of Food at Washin gton State University.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication25/07/2015
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Series TitleFood Engineering Series
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note161 black & white illustrations, 79 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight1412 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine39 mm
- Edited byEfren Parada Arias,Gustavo F. Gutierrez-Lopez,Gustavo V. Barbosa-Canovas,Jorge Welti-Chanes,Liliana Alamilla-Beltran,Maria Del Pilar Buera
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.