All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $27.80Trending at AU $30.75
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.80
- AU $29.32Trending at AU $31.85
- AU $71.12Trending at AU $79.91
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.68
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $26.97
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is the first major attempt to address, comprehensively and in-depth, the many issues associated with water and disasters. It is particularly relevant and topical in view of the increasing frequency and intensity of water-triggered disasters that have afflicted the world in recent years, among them the Indian Ocean Tsunami and Hurricane Katrina. Water and Disasters is a global survey - and assessment of the causes, consequences and post-recovery policies - concerning water disasters. The chapters include empirical studies, case histories, conceptual-theoretical investigations, policy perspectives, institutional analysis, and risk analysis, among others. The book features a comprehensive discussion of the 2004 Indian Ocean Tsunami, as well as major floods and droughts in England, Wales, China and the western United States. It also includes chapters on advances in decision support systems for flood disaster management and rainfall insurance. This volume should be of special interest to disaster management planners and practitioners globally, primarily in the domain of water, in crafting creative solutions for tackling the disasters effectively, efficiently and rapidly. This book was previously published as a special issue of International Journal of Water Resources Development.
- Author BiographyChennat Gopalakrishnan is Professor of Natural Resource Economics at the University of Hawaii. He has published five books and approximately ninety journal articles and technical papers on current and emerging issues in natural resources economics and policy. Gopalakrishnan has directed a number of research projects dealing with water institutions, water markets and pricing, and water conservation and management. Gopalakrishnan is the recipient of numerous awards and honours, including Fellow of the American Water Resources Association. Norio Okada is Professor of Social Systems Engineering at Kyoto University, Japan. He has directed a number of research projects in the area of integrated disaster risk management, with special reference to Japan. Dr. Okada has chaired or served on numerous scientific advisory committees for international conferences on integrated disaster risk management.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication13/12/2007
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Series TitleRoutledge Special Issues on Water Policy and Governance
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note18 black & white tables, 1 black & white halftones, 38 black & white line drawings
- Weight408 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Edited byChennat Gopalakrishnan,Norio Okada
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.