All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLauded for its engaging, highly readable style, the best-selling first edition became the premier guide for nengineers involved in water and wastewater treatment operations. Water and Wastewater Treatment: A Guide for the Nonengineering Professional, Second Edition continues to provide a simple, nmathematical account of the unit processes used to treat both drinking water and wastewater. Completely revised and expanded, this second edition adds new material on techlogical advances, regulatory requirements, and other current issues facing the water and wastewater industries. Using step-by-step, jargon-free language, the authors present all the basic unit processes involved in drinking water and wastewater treatment. They describe each unit process, the function of the process in water or wastewater treatment, and the basic equipment used in each process. They also explain how the processes fit together within a drinking water or wastewater treatment system and discuss the fundamental concepts that constitute water and wastewater treatment processes as a whole. Avoiding mathematics, chemistry, and biology, the book includes numerous illustrations for easy comprehension of concepts and processes. It also contains chapter summaries and an extensive glossary of terms and abbreviations for quick reference.
- Author BiographyJoanne E. Drinan is a retired U.S. Navy chief petty officer with 20 years of active duty. She also was an administrative coordinator for a large wastewater treatment sanitation district. She currently works for a nonprofit organization and has authored/coauthored more than 12 environmental science books. Frank R. Spellman is a retired U.S. Navy officer with 26 years of active duty, a retired environmental safety and health manager for a large wastewater sanitation district, and a retired assistant professor of environmental health at Old Dominion University. Dr. Spellman has authored/coauthored 76 books and currently consults on environmental matters with the U.S. Department of Justice and various law firms and environmental entities throughout the world.
- Author(s)Frank Spellman,Joanne E. Drinan
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication15/08/2012
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note113 black & white illustrations, 31 black & white tables
- Weight554 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $13.77
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.