All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $77.35
- AU $61.13Trending at AU $61.77
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.20
- AU $17.89Trending at AU $18.33
- AU $12.86Trending at AU $16.90
- AU $16.42Trending at AU $24.69
About this product
- DescriptionMy name is Nathaniel Water and I want this to be the best vel you have ever read because it is about me and I am the most interesting person I have ever met...Nathaniel Water is a young British artist. While his career is burgeoning his love life is descending into ever-deepening despair. Easily bored, he proposes marriage to his beautiful Slovak girlfriend, Jelena, with whom he fights constantly. But they are soon forced to go their separate ways. He then returns to London where he meets Harriet, Jelena's antithesis, and marries her instead. But that is t the end of it. Both women become pregnant at different stages, he leaves each of them at least once, and deserts both when they most need him. This wryly comic tale reveals the dangers of celebrity combined with chronic ennui, which leads to alienation from friends and family.
- Author BiographyJasper Joffe is a painter and novelist. He was born in the US in 1975 and moved to England when he was eight. He studied Fine Art at Ruskin College in Oxford, completed an MA in painting at The Royal College of Art in London, and received a scholarship to the British School at Rome, where he spent nine months. He has had solo exhibitions in London, Rome, Milan, and Brno. His work is also in the Saatchi Collection. He lives in London. This is his first novel.
- Author(s)Jasper Joffe
- PublisherSaqi Books
- Date of Publication23/03/2006
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTelegram Books
- Content NoteIllustrated
- Weight281 g
- Width130 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.