All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.98
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.13
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.33Trending at AU $48.02
About this product
- DescriptionWater, in all its forms, may be the key to an environmentally friendly energy ecomy. Water is free, there is plenty of it, plus it carries what is generally believed to be the best long-term source of green energy-hydrogen. Water for Energy and Fuel Production explores the many roles of water in the energy and fuel industry. The text t only discusses water's use as a direct source of energy and fuel-such as hydrogen from water dissociation, methane from water-based clathrate molecules, hydroelectric dams, and hydrokinetic energy from tidal waves, off-shore undercurrents, and inland waterways-but also: * Describes water's benign application in the production of oil, gas, coal, uranium, biomass, and other raw fuels, and as an energy carrier in the form of hot water and steam * Examines water's role as a reactant, reaction medium, and catalyst-as well as steam's role as a reactant-for the conversion of raw fuels to synthetic fuels * Explains how supercritical water can be used to convert fossil- and bio-based feedstock to synthetic fuels in the presence and absence of a catalyst Employing illustrative case studies and commercial examples, Water for Energy and Fuel Production demonstrates the versatility of water as a provider of energy and fuel, conveying the message that as energy demand and environmental concerns grow, so should our vigilance in pursuing the role of water in the energy landscape.
- Author BiographyYatish T. Shah received his BS from University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA and MS and Sc.D from Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, USA. During his 40+ years of experience, he has served as chemical and petroleum engineering department chairman, dean of engineering, chief research officer, provost, visiting scholar, and visiting professor at ten different institutions. Currently he is professor of engineering at Norfolk State University, Virginia, USA. He is also an active consultant to numerous organizations in the energy sector. He has authored four books and over 250 reviews and refereed technical publications in the areas of energy, environmental, and reaction engineering.
- Author(s)Yatish T. Shah
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication23/05/2014
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Series TitleGreen Chemistry and Chemical Engineering
- Series Part/Volume Number17
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note67 black & white illustrations, 23 black & white tables
- Weight748 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.