All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $37.74Trending at AU $39.42
- AU $17.48Trending at AU $19.81
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.15
About this product
- DescriptionThis book gives an overview of advanced emerging techlogies for the detection of a range of waterborne pathogens. The book will present existing methodology and highlight where improvements can be made, as well as have a strong focus on applications and the ways in which new techlogy could be applied in water management. Additionally, it addresses issues of sample preparation (from sampling to concentration and enrichment), a key stage in any detection protocol.
- Author BiographyDr. Helen Bridle holds a 5 year Royal Academy of Engineering/EPSRC Fellowship, exploring methods of detection of waterborne pathogens, at the Institute of Biological Chemistry, Biophysics and Bioengineering at Heriot-Watt University. Prior to starting at Heriot-Watt, she held this Fellowship at the University of Edinburgh. Her PhD was undertaken at Chalmers University of Technology in Sweden and she has also worked as a research assistant at ETH Zurich in Switzerland. She has published 10 papers in high impact academic journals. Dr. Bridle is a Royal Society of Edinburgh Young Academy Member. In 2012, she was a British Science Association Media Fellow at the Scotsman. In the same year she was selected for participation in the Scottish Crucible and the European Science Foundation Junior Summit on Water: Unite and Divide. Dr. Bridle organised the publication of a special issue arising from this junior summit. She is a member of the Journal of Water Resources and Protection editorial board and the Journal of Global Health editorial council.
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication23/07/2013
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc.(London) Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight790 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byHelen Bridle
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.