All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $95.00Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- Description<b>The Battle of Waterloo is one of the most important moments in military history. </b><br/><br/> The might of the French Empire under the leadership of the Emperor Napoleon faced the Coalition army under Duke of Wellington and Gerhard von Blucher for one last time at Waterloo.<br/><br/> The battle saw the culmination of a long campaign to destroy Napoleon s forces and halt the growth of the French Empire. Both sides fought bitterly, and Wellington later remarked that it was the nearest-run thing you ever saw in your life. Both armies lost over 20,000 men on the battlefield that day, but it was the coalition that emerged victorious in the end. <br/><br/> Wellington s army counter-attacked and threw the French troops into disarray as the fled from the field. The coalition forces entered France and restored Louis XVIII to the throne. Napoleon was exiled to the island of Saint Helena, where he later died.<br/><br/> Waterloo was a resounding victory for the British Army and changed the course of European history. This Battle Story tells you everything you need to kw about this critical battle.
- Author BiographyGregory Fremont-Barnes is Senior Lecturer in War Studies at Royal Military Academy, Sandhurst. He has previously lectured around the world and holds a doctorate in Modern History from Oxford. He has written widely on military history and currently lectures at Sandhurst on the conduct of the Falklands War. He lives in Surrey.
- Author(s)Gregory Fremont-Barnes
- PublisherDundurn Group
- Date of Publication15/03/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleBattle Story
- Series Part/Volume Number3
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintDundurn Group
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight91 g
- Width127 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.