All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionAfter midnight, 19 June 1815...On the battlefield more than 50,000 men and 7,000 horses lie dead and wounded; the wreckage of a once proud French Grande Armee struggles in abject disorder to the Belgian frontier pursued by murderous Prussian lancers; and Napoleon Bonaparte, exhausted and stunned at the scale of his defeat, rode through the darkness towards Paris, abdication and captivity. In the days, weeks and months that followed, news of the battle shaped the consciousness of an age. Drawing on a multiplicity of contemporary voices and viewpoints, Paul O'Keeffe brings into focus as never before the sights, sounds and smells of the battlefield, of conquest and defeat, of celebration and riot.
- Author BiographyPaul O'Keeffe's acclaimed books include biograhies of Wyndham Lewis (Some Sort of Genius, 2000) and Benjamin Robert Haydon (A Genius for Failure, 2009). He lives in Liverpool.
- Author(s)Paul O'Keeffe
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication30/04/2015
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight327 g
- Width133 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.