Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
- AU $18.54Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $29.00Trending at AU $39.16
About this product
- DescriptionA bootleg beautician in her hometown, Cherilyn Adams is the only black girl in her class of new recruits at the Bainbridge Maryland Naval Training Station. She's patriotic, loves the military, but has problems taking orders. She is determined to be the best she can be while training to become a Navy Wave. Cheri and the eighty-six other women from all walks of life and from all parts of the United States are forced to work, play, and live together under the same roof twenty-four-seven. During both the trials and tribulations of military life, the young women learn to rely on each other while enjoying freedom, for the first time in their young lives, from parental supervision. Sharing their shenanigans, romantic dalliances, and heartaches, this group of strangers becomes lifelong friends. Wave Barrack 232 follows Cheri as she blossoms into a young lady and comes of age in the military during the Kennedy era and the Cuban Missile Crisis. A blend of history, romance, and humor, this vel portrays the world of these young women as they live their lives while staying poised as Waves.
- Author BiographyB.J. Murray is a retired corporate manager who began her professional career in the U.S. Navy. She parlayed her work ethic and the experience she garnered while in the Navy into a successful career in corporate America. Murray attended several local community colleges.
- Author(s)B.J. Murray
- PublisherTrafford Publishing
- Date of Publication01/04/2010
- SubjectBiography: General
- Place of PublicationVictoria
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintTrafford Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight239 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.