All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.12
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.48
About this product
- DescriptionTeresa of Avila, also called Saint Teresa of Jesus, baptized as Teresa Sanchez de Cepeda y Ahumada, (March 28, 1515 - October 4, 1582) was a prominent Spanish mystic, Roman Catholic saint, Carmelite nun, writer of the Counter Reformation, and theologian of contemplative life through mental prayer. She was a reformer of the Carmelite Order and is considered to be a founder of the Discalced Carmelites along with John of the Cross. Although she designed her book for her fellow sisters of the Carmelite Order, St. Teresa's Way of Perfection remains accessible to modern readers. In it, she sets out to lead others along the way to union with God through prayer, silence, and meditation. A few of the book's 42 chapters could be called a collection of rules, but the majority of the book more rightly fits the description of advice. As she suggests ways for readers to seek self-perfection, her words are practical, heartfelt, and drawn from personal e xperience. Not only this, but because of the book's less formal and less poetically obscure nature, it offers up a more direct articulation of St. Teresa's theological views than do her autobiography or her most famous work, The Interior Castle.
- Author(s)St. Teresa of Avila
- Date of Publication30/05/2013
- SubjectAutobiography: Religious & Spiritual
- Place of PublicationKingston Upon Thames
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteportrait
- Weight413 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.