All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
About this product
- DescriptionMeditation has long been a path to self-awareness, as well as a way of consciously building a bridge into the spiritual world. Many of the most popular techniques originated in eastern traditions, but this book describes a decades-old approach that comes from western Christianity. The author starts by describing the steps necessary to make meditation possible, drawing on some of the ideas of Rudolf Steiner. He goes on to discuss different forms of meditation, such as 'review of the day', meditations on specific words and images, and meditations for the deceased. Finally he describes a specifically Christian approach, with a few words and sentences from the Gospel of St John leading to several fruitful subjects for meditation. This is a deep, insightful book from an experienced priest.
- Author BiographyBastiaan Baan worked as a teacher in the Netherlands before being ordained in 1981. He was a Christian Community priest in the Netherlands and is currently director of the priests' seminary in Spring Valley, NY. He lectures widely, and has written many books. Lord of the Elements, and Old and New Mysteries, are both available in English.
- Author(s)Bastiaan Baan
- PublisherFloris Books
- Date of Publication25/06/2015
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFloris Books
- Weight240 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Translated byPhilip Mees
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.