All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $26.15Trending at AU $26.47
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionHere is a critical thinking text that breaks out of a simplistic approach to critical thinking into a fresh consideration of two basic modes of thinking (linear and dialogical) and many different types of thinking, including linear, lateral, literary, meditative, metaphysical and historico-existential. Verbal argument is placed front and center as a dramatic form of expression in which the thinker creates his thought through dramatic dialogical social interaction. Thinking is seen as a form of acting. An extensive number of excerpts from contemporary sources makes this text historically and pedagogically relevant.
- Author BiographyThe Author: The author has been an instructor in philosophy at Douglas College, Vancouver, Canada, for eighteen years where he pioneered a course in critical thinking that has been widely acknowledged by students and faculty as making a new and significant contribution to the field of critical thinking. He holds doctorates both in theology (Columbia University) and philosophy (University of Waterloo) and has served as Chairman of the Liberal Arts Department of Douglas College and Vice-President of the Douglas/Kwantlen Faculty Association.
- Author(s)James Davies
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/03/1992
- Series TitleAmerican University Studies, Series 5: Philosophy
- Series Part/Volume Number131
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1991
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight360 g
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.