All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
About this product
- DescriptionWe Can Do It! is a problem-solving guide, in the form of a graphic vel, aimed at students in college-level general physics courses. Instead of just providing brief answers to sample questions or discussions of physics concepts without showing how to apply them to difficult problems, We Can Do It! stresses how to approach problems, what to do if you get stuck, and techniques that can be applied broadly. Features: Detailed, step-by-step solutions for more than fifty college-level exam problems. Graphic vel (cartoon) format Formula sheet, units sheet, and technique-choice flowchart Special protocols for solving problems involving forces and energy Task Tags indexing problems by technique (e.g. momentum), matter what chapter they appear in A t-rex on a trampoline!
- Author BiographyProfessor Scott Calvin teaches physics at Sarah Lawrence College, where he has developed courses such as Crazy Ideas in Physics, Rocket Science, and Steampunk Physics. In the past, he has taught at the Hayden Planetarium, Examkrackers, the University of San Francisco, and Southern Connecticut State University, as well as operating Mirare Services, a private tutoring agency. He has authored XAFS for Everyone, a textbook on x-ray absorption spectroscopy, co-authored Examkrackers 1001 Questions in MCAT Chemistry, a best-selling chemistry test-prep book, and co-designed and produced an artisanal pop-up book promoting the National Synchrotron Light Source II facility. Kirin Emlet Furst studied physics at Sarah Lawrence College under the tutelage of Professor Scott Calvin. She is a life-long doodler turned scientific cartoonist, and illustrated XAFS for Everyone. After years of dabbling in the sciences, she is embarking on a career in water quality engineering and environmental remediation. She is currently attending the Graduate School of Civil and Environmental Engineering at Stanford University.
- Author(s)Scott Calvin
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication02/10/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight240 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Edited byBlaine Alleluia
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.