All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $39.56Trending at AU $42.72
About this product
- DescriptionThis inspirational book tells the story of how school leaders and teachers have made dramatic improvements in their schools, thanks to a special blend of vision, creativity and determination. Our current education system is replete with new initiatives, government programmes, imposed targets and national tests. For many working in education today, this has stifled creativity, invation and motivation. When confronted with exciting findings from educational research and inspirational training courses that could benefit schools, the response, but we couldn't do that at our school is frequently heard. It seems that many of those working in our schools have become disenchanted with change and disempowered from creating a brighter future for our children.Using up-to-date case studies from a range of secondary schools, We Did It Here shows how others have brought about dramatic changes in their schools. It showcases outstanding and inspirational practice from schools throughout the country. During a tour of some of the finest educational practice today, the book details how you too can learn from the schools featured and put meaningful change into place in your school. The issues addressed include: turning around a failing inner city school; creating partnerships with the community; focussing on learning; embedding ICT and e-learning; creating an enterprise school; and regeneration through school collaboration. The book concludes with a chapter on learning the lessons of these case studies and Brin's own vision of how to bring about effective change in your school, department or classroom. We Did It Here! will make you think afresh about just what you can achieve in your school and challenge you to lift your horizons.
- Author BiographyBrin Best is an education consultant specialising in teaching and learning and school improvement. He enjoyed a distinguished record as a teacher, head of department and local authority advisory teacher, receiving several national awards and prizes for his work. He trains or works in a one to one role with hundreds of education professionals every year. His twin passions for creativity and the possibilities of change permeate all his work.Brin is also an award-winning education author, with fifteen previous books to his name, spanning classroom issues and the management of schools. He also writes for newspapers, professional publications for teachers and learned journals. He is the co-originator and series consultant for the highly acclaimed Teachers' Pocketbooks.
- Author(s)Brin Best
- PublisherCrown House Publishing
- Date of Publication28/05/2008
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationCarmarthen
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCrown House Publishing
- Content NoteIllustrations, ports.
- Weight499 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.