All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionWe Die Alone recounts one of the most exciting escape stories to emerge from the challenges and miseries of World War II. In March 1943, a team of expatriate Norwegian commandos sailed from rthern England for Nazi-occupied arctic Norway to organize and supply the Norwegian resistance. But they were betrayed and the Nazis ambushed them. Only one man survived--Jan Baalsrud. This is the incredible and gripping story of his escape. Frostbitten and swblind, pursued by the Nazis, he dragged himself on until he reached a small arctic village. He was near death, delirious, and a virtual cripple. But the villagers, at mortal risk to themselves, were determined to save him, and--through impossible feats--they did.
- Author BiographyDavid Howarth ran a spy ring during World War II. He was also the author of two dozen major books of history.
- Author(s)David Howarth
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication30/09/2016
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationGuilford
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe Lyons Press
- Content Note23 black & white halftones
- Weight23 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Introduction byStephen E. Ambrose
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.