All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.52
- AU $32.89Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.32
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.67
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $51.80
- AU $41.91Trending at AU $52.43
About this product
- DescriptionProfessionals with badges can steal your money legally. Commissions, fees, charges can reduce your wealth by 40%. Buy financial services direct and keep more. I have been in the financial services business for over 20 years and I am getting out w. The changes I have seen do t bode well for Wall Street's way of doing retail business. Most of the changes in the financial advice business have involved the trend to the commoditization of most financial products. The trend will continue to reduce our commissions, fees, and charges so I am leaving. The old way is dead. Smart investors just don't need our fancy badges -the titles, trappings and costs that go with the traditional Wall Street model.The new model has a fee schedule of 0.05-0.50% t the old rates of 1.5-3%. Most retail brokerage products are structured to provide the firm with revenue and product features that compete well with other retail firms. It is really the fault of Mr Bogle's Vanguard Group. John Bogle started his index fund of 500 stocks in 1976 with a low-cost ownership model. Cost matters is his motto. He says: Stop trying to find the needle in a haystack. Invest in the haystack. http: //www.vanguard.com/bogle_site/bogle_speechesequity.html Now the industry has stock discounters. For $5 or less, you can w buy and sell shares of companies, mutual funds, and market index funds (ETF) online without assistance. You can trade more sophisticated securities too. Direct to consumer insurers and agencies have joined discounters on TV. You can create your own portfolio and manage it for less.
- Author BiographyIan Sender has been a financial services executive for over 20 years. He was a managing director of sales units of securities firms. He is one of the Insiders who contributed to the The Insiders Guides set of buyers' guides edited by Dan Keppel. Ian lives in New Jersey and the Caymans.
- Author(s)Ian Sender
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication19/10/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMoney & Consumer Issues
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight104 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.