Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $13.45Trending at AU $16.56
- AU $12.90Trending at AU $15.86
- AU $10.54Trending at AU $13.65
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $18.91
- AU $7.38Trending at AU $10.71
- AU $11.83Trending at AU $17.52
- AU $32.94Trending at AU $34.41
About this product
- DescriptionThis picture book about the first day of school, featuring a frog, a duck, a mouse, and a snail, combines a story in rhyme with colorful graphic rebuses, making it a fun book for parent and child to share in the reading. Children about to enter kindergarten or first grade who long to be able to read will get a sense of accomplishment by reading the little rebus pictures in the story. Judy Sierra, author of Wild About Books, uses bouncy rhyme and rhythm as cues for the child to name the pictogram rebuses. Preschoolers will enjoy following the animals and their teacher, Tom Burkey (who is a turkey), through a happy first day of school.
- Author BiographyJUDY SIERRA loved reading with rebuses as a very young child. Her acclaimed stories in rhyme include Wild About Books, an E. B. White Read Aloud Award winner; Born to Read ; and The Sleepy Little Alphabet. Some of her other books that have tickled the funny bones of children are Mind Your Manners, B. B.Wolf and Tell the Truth, B. B.Wolf. LINDA DAVICK is a graphic Web site designer and innovative children's book illustrator. Her vibrant computer art has illustrated three popular early learning picture books, 10 Trick-or-Treaters, 10 Trim-the-Tree'ers, and 10 Easter Egg Hunters, all by Janet Schulman.
- Author(s)Judy Sierra,Linda Davick
- PublisherAlfred A. Knopf
- Date of Publication11/08/2011
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAlfred A. Knopf
- Out-of-print date24/11/2015
- Content Notechiefly col. Illustrations
- Weight218 g
- Width216 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.