All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.54Trending at AU $31.76
- AU $55.54Trending at AU $56.64
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.42
- AU $29.92Trending at AU $31.26
- AU $46.03Trending at AU $52.51
- AU $12.69Trending at AU $13.11
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.24
About this product
- DescriptionWE PIERCE is the story of two brothers: one brother, Smith, goes to war. A true believer, he leads a tank company into battle in Iraq during the Gulf War. There he learns about the true nature of patriotism, camaraderie, modern warfare and, finally, the soldiers' secret that some things learned over there are better t brought back home. Meanwhile Sam, an aspiring writer, as much a rebel as his older brother is a natural leader, is busy protesting against the war in Times Square in New York and on the Capitol steps in Washington, D.C. But he questions the strength of his own beliefs, while losing his own battle with alcohol and narcotics. Both brothers are haunted by the depth of the sacrifice at home incurred by their family's commitment to hour and duty on battlefields abroad. As he did with his first vel, AMERICAN BY BLOOD, acclaimed velist Andrew Huebner draws on his family's long experience with violence and military service and renders a haunting vel of war. From the desert of Iraq to the Lower East Side of New York, WE PIERCE is about fighting for what you believe in, matter what the cost to yourself or your family.
- Author BiographyAndrew Huebner lives in Los Angeles. He is the author of American by Blood.
- Author(s)Andrew Huebner
- PublisherSimon & Schuster
- Date of Publication01/05/2004
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSimon & Schuster
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight371 g
- Width139 mm
- Height214 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.