Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $26.15Trending at AU $26.47
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionNeo-liberalism has claimed ather victim: Argentina. Since the 1970s, a brutal transference of resources from the poor to the rich has taken place here. The wealthy have exploited the tools of neo-liberalism to make fast profits for themselves and international interests without a thought for the country's future. On the 19th and 20th December 2001, Argentines took to the streets in their millions and said Eugh! to the plunder: they called it the Argentinazo , and their demand was que se vayan todos - out with the lot of them - the corrupt politicans, the interfering IMF, the rapacious foreign companies and international banks. Two years on, it is clear that the Argentinazo was a turning point in the political life of the country. It was a wake-up call to citizens that they need to be more involved in the running of the country, or soon there will be country left to run. We are millions looks at the politics which led to mass poverty and unemployment and describes the rich and varied social responses to ecomic meltdown and political crisis.
- Author(s)Marcela Lopez-Levy
- PublisherLatin America Bureau
- Date of Publication02/12/2003
- Series TitleLAB Short Books
- Series Part/Volume Number3
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLatin America Bureau
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.