All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAlmost 15 years since its original publication the bestseller We Were Soldiers Once And Young (1992) is still required reading in all branches of the military. Every day the authors receive letters from readers wanting to kw what's happened to the characters they came to admire such as Ed 'Too Tall to Fly' Freeman and Bruce 'Old Snake' Crandall. There are also questions about whether they are still in touch with their North Vietnam counterparts and where they are w. Many of these questions are finally answered in We are Soldiers Still , which recounts a unique journey back to the battlefields by the commanders and veterans of both sides - a journey which ended with the authors and some of the comrades stranded overnight, alone, on the isolated field code-named Landing Zone XRay where so many perished. They will tell what was learned and felt during a night when a meteor shower filled the sky and peace came upon them. The authors mix gritty and vivid detail with reverence and respect for their comrades. Their authority on the military, their ability to capture man's sense of heroism and brotherhood, and readers' fascination with their story is sure to make this a must-buy book for all history buffs. While We Were Soldiers brought to life an important moment in US history, We are Soldiers Still will illuminate how that history has changed the authors, the men involved, and our country.
- Author BiographyLt. Gen. Harold G. Moore (USA Ret.) graduated from West Point, commanded two infantry companies in the Korean War, and was a battalion and brigade commander in Vietnam. After thirty-two years of service, he retired from the Army in 1977. Recently retired senior military correspondent for Knight Ridder Newspapers Joseph L. Galloway served as a special consultant to Gen. Colin Powell at the State Department in 2001 and 2002, and spent more than forty years as an editor and writer for UPI and U.S. News & World Report.
- Author(s)Harold G. Moore,Joseph L. Galloway
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication15/08/2009
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Note16-page black and white photo insert
- Weight217 g
- Width135 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine16 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $37.74Trending at AU $39.42
- AU $17.48Trending at AU $19.81
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.