All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $21.88Trending at AU $34.44
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $20.37Trending at AU $22.08
About this product
- DescriptionWe Are the Bus travels the world in 42 poems--from Hat Island in Puget Sound to Oaxaca's zocalo to the steps of St. Peter's Basilica. In language simple, precise, and musical, the poems revisit the complexities of growing up and moving on. We Are the Bus tells stories full of people--telescope makers and fisherman, neighbors, travelers and family, high divers and tired pilgrims, Norwegian horseshoe players and American mothers-in-law. Vivid details and surprising events give authority to the language as each poem moves from memory and observation toward clarity and song.
- Author BiographyJAMES MCKEAN, born in Seattle, completed an M.F.A. and Ph.D. at the University of Iowa. His publications include two books of poems, Headlong and Tree of Heaven, and a book of essays: Home Stand Growing up In Sports. McKean now teaches for the Queens University Low Residency M.F.A. program in Charlotte, North Carolina.
- Author(s)James McKean
- PublisherTexas Review Press
- Date of Publication15/10/2012
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationHuntsville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTexas Review Press
- Weight113 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.