All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $20.42Trending at AU $30.71
- AU $7.48Trending at AU $11.95
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.01
- AU $56.62Trending at AU $60.36
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $15.93
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $23.74
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $22.87
About this product
- DescriptionWelcome to Arctic Alaska, a land of twenty-four hour darkness and twenty-four hour light, poverty in the midst of unfathomable wealth, 4,000 year-old traditions, and the latest gadgets, raw whale meat, high fructose corn syrup, pristine beauty and gum wrappers. Follow the lives of nineteen souls in a rare existence where ancient meets present. Some are the original Inupiat Eskimos, some are Outsiders. Some subsist on the bounty of the land and sea, some are outdoors only for the 20- second trot between the car and the building. But all are dependent on what lies beneath--oil, until something happens that threatens to destroy this existence altogether.
- Author BiographyElizaveta Ristrova, author of Small Fish in a Small Pond, Something Short of Salvation, and Taking Off My Sweater, never tires of sticking her large nose into other people's cultures and lives. She is now pulling her nose out of Arctic Alaska and moving back to the tropics-this time the Philippines. Eventually she will return to her native Louisiana or another Third World setting with the delusion of getting a job as a tree-hugging lawyer.
- Author(s)Elizaveta Ristrova
- PublisherAll Things That Matter Press
- Date of Publication15/09/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAll Things That Matter Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight376 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.