All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $31.69Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.78
About this product
- DescriptionThis book, the first in the Cambridge Nonlinear Science Series, presents the fundamentals of chaos theory in conservative systems, providing a systematic study of the theory of transitional states of physical systems which lie between deterministic and chaotic behaviour. The authors' treatment of transitions to chaos, the theory of stochastic layers and webs, and the numerous applications of this theory, particularly to pattern symmetry, will make the book of importance to scientists from many disciplines.The authors have been meticulous in providing a detailed presentation of the material, enabling the reader to learn the necessary computational methods and to apply them in other problems. The inclusion of a significant amount of computer graphics is also an important aid to understanding. The final section of the book contains a fascinating collection of patterns in art and living nature. The book will be of interest to graduate students and researchers in physics and mathematics who are interested in problems of chaos, irreversibility, statistical mechanics and theories of spatial patterns and symmetries. The perhaps unconventional links between chaos theory and other topics make the book particularly interesting.
- Author(s)A. A. Chernikov,D. A. Usikov,Georgin Moiseevich Zaslavskii,R. Z. Sagdeev
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication06/08/1992
- Series TitleCambridge Nonlinear Science Series
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 1
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note177 b/w illus.
- Weight400 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Translated byA. R. Sagdeeva
- Series Edited byBoris Chirikov,Predrag Cvitanovic,Frank Moss,Harry L. Swinney
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.