All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.74
- AU $28.60Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $70.29Trending at AU $77.45
- AU $74.01Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
About this product
- DescriptionThe term weakly differentiable functions in the title refers to those inte- n grable functions defined on an open subset of R whose partial derivatives in the sense of distributions are either LP functions or (signed) measures with finite total variation. The former class of functions comprises what is w kwn as Sobolev spaces, though its origin, traceable to the early 1900s, predates the contributions by Sobolev. Both classes of functions, Sobolev spaces and the space of functions of bounded variation (BV func- tions), have undergone considerable development during the past 20 years. From this development a rather complete theory has emerged and thus has provided the main impetus for the writing of this book. Since these classes of functions play a significant role in many fields, such as approximation theory, calculus of variations, partial differential equations, and n-linear potential theory, it is hoped that this mograph will be of assistance to a wide range of graduate students and researchers in these and perhaps other related areas. Some of the material in Chapters 1-4 has been presented in a graduate course at Indiana University during the 1987-88 academic year, and I am indebted to the students and colleagues in attendance for their helpful comments and suggestions.
- Author(s)William P. Ziemer
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication18/09/1989
- Series TitleGraduate Texts in Mathematics
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 120
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight642 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.