All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $92.76
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.73
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.60
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $51.92
- AU $78.77Trending at AU $115.92
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.71
About this product
- DescriptionDiscover the best ways to build, protect, and sustain family and business wealth across generations! Wealth is the world's most valuable guide to wealth management for individuals, families, business owners, and the upwardly affluent. In the six years since Stuart Lucas first wrote this book, however, the financial world has changed dramatically. Throughout the financial crisis and beyond, Lucas has led the University of Chicago's Private Wealth Management program, teaching more than 500 members of the world's wealthiest families. Now, he brings together extraordinary insights and constructs informed by this experience. Wealth, Updated and Revised Edition retains its core advice, which has been tested and proven by the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression. However, Lucas has updated his exclusive Strategic Wealth Management Framework to help even more individuals, families, and entrepreneurs aspiring to wealth or seeking to protect it. Lucas highlights key value drivers - family purpose, the ecomic engine, and leakage management - that mark the difference between family enterprises that succeed for generations and those that fail. He offers updated, sage advice on making financial decisions, evaluating expert advice, running a family business office, tax/estate planning, philanthropy, wealth preservation, and more. Since developing a family's human capital is the best antidote to Wall Street excess, this edition adds even more robust and actionable guidance for building a culture of Entrepreneurial Stewardship: one that enables and encourages all family members to flourish, and improves the odds that families can sustain wealth. This book is for all successful business owners and anyone who possesses (or aspires to own) substantial financial assets, whether earned or inherited. It will also be of keen interest to investment advisors, business consultants, business brokers, wealth industry practitioners, lawyers, accountants, tax advisors, and others who counsel the wealthy (and upwardly affluent) about wealth management.
- Author BiographyLiving with wealth, managing its complexities, investing it for the long run, using it to advance worthy causes, and perpetuating his family's legacy are all topics Stuart E. Lucas knows a great deal about. For over 30 years, he's lived a double life, both as a member of one of America's wealthy families and as a senior executive in prestigious wealth management and investment firms. Lucas is a fourth-generation heir of E. A. Stuart, founder of the Carnation Company, best known as the maker of such all-American food products as Carnation evaporated milk, Friskies pet food, Coffee-Mate nondairy creamer, and Contadina food products. In 1985, the Stuart family sold Carnation to Nestle, the Swiss-based global food giant. Today, Lucas is Chairman of Wealth Strategist Partners LLC, an investment advisory firm that provides an outsourced Chief Investment Officer service for individuals and families (including his own) of significant net worth. An accomplished speaker and educator, Lucas designed and teaches the Private Wealth Management program, exclusively for wealth owners, at the University of Chicago Booth School of Business. Lucas has a long-standing commitment to public service. He serves as a Director of the Stuart Foundation, which supports public education and child welfare programs in California and Washington. He also serves on the Investment Committee of National Public Radio in Washington, D.C. Lucas was formerly Senior Managing Director of the Ultra-high Net Worth Group within Private Client Services at Chicago-based Bank One. During the 1980s, Lucas worked for Wellington Management Company, serving for three years as General Manager of the firm's European business operations and before that as Assistant Portfolio Manager of a Forbes Honor Roll mutual fund. Lucas has a bachelor's degree with high honors from Dartmouth College, has an M.B.A. from Harvard Business School, and is a Chartered Financial Analyst. He is married with three children.
- Author(s)Stuart E. Lucas
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication12/12/2012
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Place of PublicationUpper Saddle River
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFinancial TImes Prentice Hall
- Weight544 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition StatementUpdated and revised ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.