All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWire jewelry enthusiasts are always looking for invative ways to manipulate wire. This book showcases projects featuring weaving, coiling, wrapping, texturing, forging, and filing combined in unique ways. With a key emphasis on wire weaving as the signature technique, and using both silver and copper wire, Weave, Wrap & Coil offers a strong follow up to Interweave's bestselling Woven Wire Jewelry, with contemporary projects that will appeal to new and experienced wireworkers alike. The book will begin with a technique section covering the basics of weaving, coiling, wrapping and basic metalwork (cold techniques only) plus an overview of the properties and gauges of sterling silver and copper wires. The project section features 25 projects, grouped according to level of difficulty. Each difficulty level utilizes three to four of the main techniques. Some projects will be more focused on weaving while others will be more focused on coiling with wire wrapping and metalwork as secondary techniques. Variation projects will be shown for select projects to provide inspiration for customizing pieces. While some projects are made entirely of wire, others showcase beads and stones along with techniques for incorporating them into your wire jewelry. All projects include detailed step-by-step photos and illustrations.
- Author BiographyJodi Bombardier is a self-taught jewelry designer who discovered wire wrapping in 2005. She is a regular contributor to Step by Step Wire Jewelry, and she sells her jewelry in boutiques throughout Arizona and Utah. Jodi is a small business owner of Jewels By Jules, a unique handcrafted jewelry line. Both her webiste, Jewels-By-Jules.com, and her blog, Online-Wire-Wrapping-Instructions.com, offer tutorials. Jodi lives in Tucson, Arizona.
- Author(s)Jodi Bombardier
- PublisherInterweave Press Inc
- Date of Publication30/11/2010
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationLoveland, CO
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintInterweave Press Inc
- Content Note125 colour illustrations
- Weight431 g
- Width216 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.94
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.