All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis full-color look at the patterns that Dr. William Bateman developed and studied over 50 years ago will help intermediate to advanced-level weavers think more invatively about their craft. With hundreds ofcolor draft diagrams andphotos of Bateman's sample weaves, artists can experiment with his invations on their own looms. Bateman, a chemistry professor turned weaver, analyzed traditional patterns and extended them in completely new directions. The samples included are Dr. Bateman's originals, and detail the yarns and setts he outlined in his documentation. The drafts are organized into weave groups, ranging from those with their origins in traditional structures like twill or overshot, to the one-of-a-kind new weaves Bateman invented. After she completed her mographs on the Bateman weaves, Virginia Harvey donated his nearly 1,500 samples to the Seattle Weavers' Guild. His original weaves, and the ways he manipulated more traditional weaves, form a fascinating resource for today's weavers.
- Author BiographyRobyn Spady began weaving in 1969. She is a master weaver and travels extensively teaching a wide variety of programs and workshops. Marjorie Fiddler is an award-winning weaver and dyer known for her striking use of color and exceptional craftsmanship.
- Author(s)Marjorie Fiddler,Nancy A. Tracy,Robyn Spady
- PublisherSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication22/01/2016
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationAtglen
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1410 g
- Width215 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Foreword byMadelyn Van der Hoogt
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.57Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.